and the best way to celebrate it is with some sugar.
y la mejor manera de celebrarlo es con unas galletitas de azucar.
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups white whole-wheat flour, such as King Arthur
- 1 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- White sugar sprinkles, for rolling
1. Arrange the racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F. Get out 2 large cookie sheets and line with parchment paper. Place some white sugar sprinkles in a small bowl.
2. Prepare dough: Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the vanilla, baking soda and salt and beat at medium speed until incorporated. Add the egg and beat until incorporated. Add the flours and mix at low speed until blended, scraping down the bowl once or twice.
3. Scoop up enough dough to form into a 1-inch ball, rolling between the palms until smooth. Roll the dough ball in sugar sprinkles and then place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat, arranging a dozen coated dough balls evenly spaced on each sheet and then, using a drinking glass, press on dough balls to flatten to about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Bake cookies about 12 minutes